Today is one of those days.
Anxiety is nibbling on my heart today.
I wish I could blast loud music and work through this on my own, but that isn't an option right now. Instead, I am trying to take a somewhat Pollyanna approach, remembering the reasons it's not as bad as it could be:
- It's just raining, not storming and tornado-ing
- I snuck a yummy cookie at breakfast
- My daughter's food allergies are under control
- I got a random call from one of my oldest and bestest friends today
- The struggles of winter-time could be much worse...and have been in years gone by
- The stomach but that attacked the house this week appears to have bid adieu at last
- Tomorrow is payday
- The Lord has His merciful hand on every single bit of it - the good, the bad, the indifferent
And more than that, I think I need to sing a song of praise. No matter how hard that seems right now. So if you'll excuse me, I need to go for now...
Tell me, how do you find joy on days like this?