So...I think I'll practice some of that today:
- sickness--Sinus infections, chest congestion, whatever it is that's lingering in our house, I'm glad. I can't call in a sub for my homeschooled kids, so we've been forced to take a little break. Mama just can't keep up this week. And sometimes a break is just in order. (Next time I'll schedule a break before we're sick, how's that?) I'm also grateful it's not the flu or something more serious that has attacked our immune system.
- more rain--Georgia has seen crazy amounts of rain this year. And we've got more today. Most people are pretty over it. But I love the way it's created a true fall for us this year. My favorite season.
- rats--Do I even want to admit this? Sigh...yeah, we've had a rat in our house recently. And he avoided every single trap we set--like, moved the snapping ones out of his way and even took a sticky trap back home, presumably stuck to his fur (the others were scattered around more than once). I'm hard pressed to be thankful for that, but I'm trying. Let's see...this might deserve a sub-list:
- we think it was only one (I will keep believing that for my own sanity)
- my husband and daughter saw it first hand, but I didn't (whew!)
- all possible entry holes are now filled in with that spray foam stuff, something long overdue anyway
- and the best part: haven't seen hair nor tale of him in 3 or more days (maybe the poison in the crawl space helped?)
So tell me what unpleasant thing you're thankful for this week...I want to know!